Full Time Rostering Officer
We are small service that is steadily growing and we require motivated and dedicated person with strong communication skills to join our rostering team. The person we are looking for will be passionate and have some knowledge of the disability sector and preferably, the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
About the Role:
- As a Rostering Officer you are the first point of contact and must have strong communication skills while being caring and compassionate.
- You will be responsible for ensuring rosters of support are filled at all times using the available team members.
- You are responsible for communicating with the support staff to ensure their rosters are current and correct
- You will work within a small team to give feedback and advice around the suitability of support workers and Participants
- You will liaise with the support team to ensure additional requests for support will fit within Participant budget constraints
- Ability to obtain an NDIS Worker Screening clearance (Criminal History check)
- A valid Queensland driver’s license
- Right to Work in Australia
- A smart phone with internet capability
- Commitment to the Vision and Values of Real Living Options Association Inc.
- Knowledge or an understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme and the disability sector (Highly desirable but not mandatory)
- You will have patience and be able to show empathy for people at all times
- Strong communication skills and the ability to liaise and give feedback to supervisors regularly
- A happy and cheerful personality with a good sense of humour
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Prior experience in the community care sector or transferrable skills (Highly desirable but not mandatory)
- Previous experience in the use of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Programs and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong ability and desire to learn and grasp concepts quickly
- Thrive and can multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Energetic, self-motivated and results orientated
What’s in it for you:
- You will be joining a team of dedicated professionals who enjoy the work they do
- Ongoing professional development
- An opportunity to Salary Sacrifice
- Employee Assistance Program
This position is a full time 38 hour per week fixed-term contract until 30 June 2022 with the likelihood of permanency for the right person.
To obtain an application package please send a copy of your resume and a statement addressing the following selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
- What experience have you previously had working with people who have a disability
- How would you manage a situation where you may be having trouble understanding the person on the other end of the phone
- You will be part of a small team having to prioritise support requirements based on need and availability of staff. The office can at times get noisy and priorities can change very quickly. How would you manage working in a small busy office with competing priorities
- Please list your previous experience using a Customer Relationship Management program (CRM database) and Microsoft Office, Excel and Word
- What is your knowledge of the National Disability Insurance Scheme and the role of rostering support workers for Participants.
- What qualifications and/or skills do you have that would be relevant to the role.
Applications will be accepted up to and including 15.10.2021
We are always on the lookout for youthful and enthusiastic casual Lifestyle Assistants to support people with a disability aged 16 to 65 in general community access and home assistance. With the roll-out of the National Disability Insurance Scheme from 1 July 2018 we will be looking to increase our staff numbers.
We seek confident people who have initiative, common sense and the ability to encourage and be supportive in varying circumstances. Experience in Mental Health will be highly regarded.
We require people who are available for either weekends, sleepover support, evenings, and /or Monday to Friday.
If you are interested in a rewarding and sometimes challenging role please apply and we will let you know if we have anything suitable.
Please fill in the form below.
Lifestyle Assistant Application Form